Sunday 31 December 2017

Wk2 Day 5 Bonus Activity: Sweet Tooth

Lemon Cheese Cake

Ingredients you will need:
Photo Found Online Sorry,
Not  Homemade 
1 Packet of wine of digestive biscuits crumbled
125g Melted butter
1 Packet of lemon jelly
3/4 cup of boiling water 
Grated skin and juice of 1 lemon
400g Cream cheese
3/4 cup white sugar
375g can evaporated milk well chilled (keep in fridge overnight)
1 tsp vanilla essence


Method:

Mix crushed biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press into the base of a 21 cm spring form well-greased cake tin. Bake for 10 minutes at 150°C. Cool.

Melt jelly in boiling water. Add rind and juice of the lemon. Beat the cream cheese with the Sugar, add to jelly, stirring until well combined and creamy smooth. In a separate bowl, whip chilled milk until thick and fold into mixture. Add vanilla essence. Pour into crumb base and put in fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.

You can decorate with berries.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    I am Davarni from Glenbrae. I see that you are part of the Summerlearning journey, great job on Day 5 WK2.

    You did well with explaining how to make a Lemon Cheese cake but I suggest you add a photo, so people know what it looks like. Keep up the good work!

    Davarni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Davarni
    Thanks for the helpful suggestion, I shall edit it in.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Jessica,

    Mmm... I always love a good cheesecake! This lemon cheesecake is making my mouth water. I like that you have chosen a simple recipe which is easy to follow. Do you like to bake? What other baking do you do?

    In your older blog posts I can see that you have made videos and Google Slides. Maybe you could think about making more of these for your blog posts about the Summer Learning Journey. It might be a fun and more interesting way to create your blogs!

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Noho ora mai,
    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emiely
      I am more of a cooker than a baker but some things I can bake(Mainly hokey pokey biscuits) recently my dad and I made a lemon cheese cake but the base kept on coming off but we knew what went wrong.
      well thanks for they kind, positive and helpful comment on my work
      Bye bye for now
      Jessica

      Delete
    2. Kia ora Jessica,

      Cheesecake bases are pretty tricky! I once made banoffee pie and the base was too crumbly. I refrigerated it for another hour and by then it was much better. I also think adding a bit of butter probably would have helped too!

      What was yours and your Dads' solution for how to fix your base?

      No problem, Jessica! Thanks for your reply! Just a reminder that the Summer Learning Journey ends tomorrow at midnight. Hopefully the Summer Learning Journey team will get to see a few more posts from you before then!

      Noho ora mai,

      Emiely :)

      Delete

Thanks for your positive, thoughtful and helpful comment on my work.