Tuesday 25 December 2018

SLJ D3 A2: The Secretive Skink

On your blog list three pros (good things) and three cons (bad things) about working as a DOC ranger. At the bottom of your post, tell us whether you would like to be a DOC Ranger or not.

Here are my pros and cons of being a DOC Ranger -

Pros:

  • You get to see some many beautiful things the everyday person can't
  • Getting outdoors into the natural world
  • You get to learn so much more things about the wildlife

Cons:

  • Many people won't like what DOC decides to do and will protest
  • Most people don't stop and try to make themselves better to help out
  • Having to be outdoors whatever the weather is
I have an idea of becoming a DOC Ranger and Grandad worked at DOC being the manager of Greymouth for part of it for 18 yrs and my uncle is also a DOC worker and my family is around the wildlife quite a lot. I am very lucky to live next door to a kiwi sanctuary and I have helped out so much a kiwi was named after me, now wow, that is very incredible and I still get the regular updates on her. My family also owns the Moonlight hut, which is in the Paparoa National Park. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica

    Wow! You have had a kiwi named after you, that is so amazing and cool. Not many people would be able to say that. You must be an awesome helper for that to have happened. Well done to you!
    I think working for DOC would be an awesome job. It would be so rewarding being able to work with all of the wildlife and birds. You must know this with your Grandad and Uncle already working for DOC.
    Where is your kiwi now? I presume it has been released and has a tracker on it. Is this how you get your updates?
    That's so cool!

    I hope that you are having a great holiday so far. Have you got anything fun planned? Maybe you are helping out with the kiwis?

    Keep up the good work

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your positive, thoughtful and helpful comment on my work.