Saturday 22 December 2018

SLJ D3 - Fantastic Beasts

For this activity, please watch this cool book trailer. Year 7 and Year 8 students in South Auckland, New Zealand helped to make it. Once you have watched the video, use your imagination and create your very own beast. What does your beast look, smell, feel, and sound like? On your blog, post a description of your beast. Use interesting adjectives (describing words) to tell us about your beast.
Kimbodrous Dragon
Description - 
It is a very large beast weighing 5 tons and can grow up to 50 feet long and 30 feet high. If you see one there will be no escape for it can smell scents up to 3 km away and can go up to a speed of 100km per hour. These creatures live anywhere and everywhere. They are a burnt red/ rusty colour with spikes as sharp as knives all the way along their spine down to a bombay knocker at the end of the tail. The only way to tell them apart is that a male has a bigger tail. Their breed is endangered and there is a population of only 80 left.


The Kimbodrous Dragon

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jessica,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team. I’ll be helping Allie and the team out in Toki Pounamu over the Christmas holidays.

    I love the picture that you have drawn of your beast. I was really impressed with the detail that you included in your description, especially the part about how to differentiate between the males and females of the species. That's sad that they are endangered. Why are there so few of them left? I can't imagine that there are many animals able to hunt them.

    Keep up the great work, and I look forward to seeing more of your posts soon. I hope that you are enjoying the summer holidays, and had a lovely Christmas with your whānau yesterday.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hazel

      The reason why there are so little of them is because their food sources are running low because humans are creating better protection against them and there is a disease called 'Rasheniase' which slowly breaks the bones in their wings so they can't fly for food and they starve to death. The reason why they can't walk around to get their food is because they are so heavy it is hard to move around to kill their prey.

      I hope you had a lovely Christmas
      Jess

      Delete
  2. Hi Jess,

    I had a great Christmas, thank you! I spent the day with my family, and ate far too much trifle! How about you?

    Oh dear, I guess I'm glad that the humans are better able to protect themselves against the Kimbodrous Dragon, but it is sad that they are becoming endangered!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your positive, thoughtful and helpful comment on my work.